Selected after a competitive national call, experience this year’s winning crop of new micro-operas, performed in English, and meet the hip composers who penned them. Intriguing characters, unexpected stories, varied styles and colors: taste the future of opera, one ounce at a time!
This year’s winning selections are:
- DOOR – music by Rhiannon Randle, libretto by Daniel Solon
- She’s Fabulous – music and libretto by Tony Solitro
- Alex In Transition: Transition II: Alex and Amy – music and libretto by Anthony R. Green
- A Game of Werewolf – music and libretto by Timothy Robert Ayres-Kerr
- Directed by Daniel Solon.
- Produced by Julie Fiore
- Collaborative Pianist is Graham Yates.
- Technical Director is Gus Sterneman.
- Sung by One Ounce Opera Members Patricia Combs, Julie Fiore, Dalton Flake, Andy Fleming, Angela Irving, Jake Jacobsen, Robert LeBas, Charissa Memrick, Jenny Ohrstrom, Julie Silva, Julia Watkins-Davis, and Veronica Williams.