Vine of the Dead, 11 Ritual Gestures
|+ Add opportunity|
Vine of the Dead explores the place and meaning of ritual in the 21st century by attempting to communicate across the divide between life and death. In a series of 11 rituals, the performance channels personal experiences of death and transcendence while exploring the spirituality of skepticism.
Created and performed by Obie and Bessie Award-winning director and designer Jim Findlay in collaboration with interaction and sound designer Ryan Holsopple, the performance conjures alternate realms of perception and consciousness through a dense visual and sonic landscape.
- Performed by Jake Denney, Aleta Findlay, Jim Findlay, Ryan Holsopple, Maurina Lioce and Jessie Tidball
- Written by Jim Findlay and Jeff Jackson
- Costumes and masks by Andreea Mincic
- Produced by Joel Bassin and the Collapsable Giraffe
- Produced in association with Meredith Boggia Productions